Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Ketchup and Mustard Monster Hat

I dyed, spun, designed and knitted this hat for one of my best friends. She loves yellow and red together and I thought that she needs a fun and funky hat for winter. I hope she likes it. When I was knitting it every thing just worked out it was nice. He hat was meant to be. I have to make small plush monster pins for it still.
The yarn I dyed and spun. It is called sunspots. About 9 wpi and I spun 4 oz, 240 yrds
It is merino, mohair, sparkle, sequins, and gold thread

The hat was knit flat (because I didn’t have DPN’s) on size 10 1/2 needles and a size K croquet hook. The tubes were knit in the round with 3 different sizes of needles because I didn’t have 10.5 double points. I don’t recommend this. I singled crocheted around all the edges and added the braids. It took about 160 yrds to make that hat.

I plan on posting the pattern for free once I refine it and type it out.